Saturday, October 17, 2009

Isn't GREEN Diwali Tangible?


Everyday, gallons of ink(figuratively) are wasted in printing articles in newspaper speaking about the concept of global warming and inkling us to go GREEN.I get numerous e-mails in my inbox propagating the concept of going GREEN.There is a lot of fuss around the concept but when its time to act,none of us bother to really act.
A stupendous example is the Diwali itself.It's 12.05 a.m now and people haven't yet stopped ventilating the joy present in their great humanitarian heart by bursting crackers.The noise created by the crackers is so horrible that I had to sit back and take stock of the situation.I had no other way out to express my disgust except in my blog and my tweets(http://twitter.com/pksnith). People eagerly wait for this day which gives them an opportunity to burn their hard earned money.If you deeply introspect,no one really benefits from celebrating diwali in such a wild way.Aren't diya/colourful lights sufficient to commemorate the victory of truth over evil?This attitude reflects a lacuna in our personalities.This is the way we all are groomed up.But now it's time to change.
A GREEN Diwali would be a great gesture to our planet and the international comity of nations that we are responsible inhabitants of earth and we won't malign the life existent on our planet.It's looks like a lot of gyaan but I've stopped bursting crackers from last two years.There is no point in prevaricating.The message is clear "GO GREEN".

Reality Check: http://www.diwalifestival.org/environmentally-safe-diwali.html