Sunday, February 26, 2012

All is NOT well!!!

Term 6 of MBA is the most awaited term for any B-school guy.You get placed and the feeling of
having successfully survived the rigour of the B-school and landing up with a cool job gives you a
high...bole tho on cloud 9.Like any one else,I also had planned a lot many things to do in term 6 like sleeping 12-15 hrs a day,2-3 movies a day,atleast 2 trips a week etc.But from the day I am placed,nothing going right.I am extremely satisfied with the job that I have got but all my electronic gadgets seem to have suddenly revolted.



The first big gadget to have given me nightmare is the one with whom I spend most of day and night,to whom I am committed like no one else...that's my laptop.But my laptop ditched me with infidelity.Just when I needed it the most to watch all the sitcoms and movies,the sound stopped coming either from the inbuilt speaker or the headphones.My laptop didn't support windows 7.At first it really looked like a chronic driver issues but it was not.For the next one week all I was doing was to download the drivers and trying other various version of windows and ubuntu.(linux).I had in a way gobbled up all the threads of forums which discusses sound issues on compaq laptop with windows.Even linux proved equally unfaithful.It wasn't a sound processor issue as the drivers in device manager looked ok.Finally I upgraded my BIOS and went for some tricks like removing laptop battery discharging the laptop completely and then plugging in again and reinstalling the drivers.Now this step worked! Though my speakers didn't work but my headphones did!I was relieved! But again after a few days,the holder of LCD cracked and I had to patch it with a leuckoplast...a typical home made desi solution! Don't want to shell even a single penny on my laptop...till buy a new one!



The very next day my one of the prized possessions,my android device,Samsung galaxy fit GT-5670 gave in.It's just 6 months old and it's been infested with hell lot of problems.It faced a charger problem and I had it replaced from the service centre.Just a week after that again I faced a similar issue.Now this time the service centre guy gave me a shocker.He said the mother board needs to be replaced and it would cost around 75% of the cost of my Samsung galaxy fit.After talking to the manager,I finally was assured the replacement would be done free of cost.But its been close to 3 weeks,I haven't got my device back.The service centre people are grossly unprofessional and have no service metric in place to judge how efficient is their customer service.Till now I have been a very well behaved customer but I guess its time to change colors.

I had been pick pocketed twice in 2 year in Mumbai in which I lost 2 cell phones in 2 years,too much for poor software engineer.It needed a lot of guts to buy a smartphone in next 1 year but again it proved to be piece of junk! I had got it from from letsbuy.com at a discount of 10% but the experience till now has been horrible.The most satisfying experience so far has been that of Nokia 1208.

Really simple things in life are beautiful and faithful.Just like human beings,so in electronic gadgets all that are flashy and a piece of beauty eventually ditch you!