Sunday, October 19, 2008

One Minute Manager

Recently i read the book entitled "The One Minute Manager" by Kenneth Blanchard and Spencer Johnson.It's a hugely popular book,though I wasn't aware of it's popularity when I picked up this book.To be honest,what propelled me to choose this book at first was the size of the book.But once I started reading,I realized what a gem of a book it was!

          The author explains the intricate concepts of management in a very unsophisticated way which any ordinary person(like me :-))can also devour.He has wrapped up the whole concept behind a dexterously woven out plot.The key secrets that the author speaks about are the 1 minute goal settings(1 page,max of 250 wordS),1 minute praisingand 1 minute reprimand.The author has explained preciseley how and why these techniques work.

         Even though I am not a voracious reader,I still enjoyed this book.I gobbled up the whole book consisting of some 100 odd pages in 2 days.Hats off to the authors!!!!!