Thursday, October 16, 2008

Yeh hai mumbai meri jaan................

Mumbai.......the city that never sleeps...the city that's been christened the name "amchi mumbai".......the city that's lauded as the financial capital of india..the city that cradles the bollywood in it's arms.These are some of the chronic features of this city.But there's lot more that adds extra aura to this city.
                 I've been staying in mumbai for last 5 months and i was amazed to find the warm-heartedness of the mortal beings inhabiting this place.I've travelled to many places in india but when it comes to the general public...a.k.a "aam janta"...mumbai is unparalled.People won't misguide you any time.Recently i was travelling at 12.00 midnight.I was travelling by a different route..so i had forgotten my way to home.I was a bit apprehensive about the fact that travelling in a city like mumbai can be dangerous but i had no other way out.I asked a stranger on the way for showing me the path...u won't believe it that man walked with me  about 1k.m just to show me the path.How many pple would do that at 12.00 at night.... 
                  I am not a marathi..but still i love the spirit of mumbaikar....The only things that feels you with awe are the  crowded local buses and needless to mention the local trains...."the lifeline of mumbai"...recently i lost my cell in the bus... :(...

                                                "Mumbai simply rocks!!!!!!!"